Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 274 with Antennas

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  IAP 274 with Antennas

Posted Apr 23, 2016 11:28 AM

Can anyone provide pictures of a completed install of a IAP-274 with external antenna's mounted?  Google is turning up nothing for me, and I'm trying to picture what the finished product would look like with the following antennas listed below.  Both list being able to be mounted to the chassis, or remote.  I would be interested in seeing both options if possible.

IAP-274-US

ANT-3x3-5010 (5ghz) 

ANT-3x3-2005 (2.4ghz)

• 2.  RE: IAP 274 with Antennas

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 23, 2016 11:57 AM

• 3.  RE: IAP 274 with Antennas
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 23, 2016 11:58 AM

You won't find many pictures with the omnis not directly attached to the AP as that would be a very uncommon installation / deployment. The pictures I set above are generic and not a production deployment because, again, a 5010/2005 deployment is NOT common (most would just use a 275 at that point). 

• 4.  RE: IAP 274 with Antennas

Posted Apr 23, 2016 01:11 PM
      |   view attached

Thank you very much for those pictures, that helps a lot.  There is an enclosed room at the top of the bleacher where the red star is on the attached picture where the AP would be located.  The AP would be pole mounted on top of this room.  I was assuming better coverage could be had with the larger external antenna's, but would a AP-275 offer the same coverage without the externals then since this setup is not typical?  If mounting to a pole, would you offset the AP, or keep it pointing directly toward the stadium?  Just trying to get a BOM to know what I need to budget.

• 5.  RE: IAP 274 with Antennas

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 23, 2016 09:11 PM

The 5010s are extremely narrow vertically (about 8deg) so if it were on top of a building, most of the 5Ghz RF would be over the users. The 275 easily supports 100-200m range to clients (phones, tablets, etc) and will have a better E-plane that isn't so narrow and will reach the ground better.

• 6.  RE: IAP 274 with Antennas

Posted Apr 23, 2016 09:18 PM
    Excellent feedback once again. Looks like a 275, pole mount, and the outdoor Poe injector from the spec sheet should do the trick. Thank you very much for your assistance!