Wireless Access

Contributor I

IAP-345 USB-to-MicroB Console Cable

Apologies if this has been answered before, but I'm at a bit of a loss on finding a functional USB to MicroB console cable for the new IAP-345.  

I've tried two vendors standard cables, neither of which functioned correctly.  

I found the AP-CBL-SERU article which indicates that a different pin order was used. The document found indicated that Arubas (orange) console cable is using Red/Black/Green/White USB-A to Micro-B. 

However, Industry standard looks to be Red/White/Green/Black.

Does anyone know where I can acquire this console cable?  I've got staging vendors I'm trying to make sure are outfitted to provision/t-shoot these APs but it doesn't really matter unless I can find a console cable that works.

Any leads appreciated!

Aruba

Re: IAP-345 USB-to-MicroB Console Cable

The console port on the AP-345 (and most other indoor Aruba AP platforms) is NOT industry standard.

To use the interface you'll need the custom/proprietary Aruba console cable AP-CBL-SERU (JY728A).

/Onno
Contributor I

Thank you for confirming that!

When I look up that part number and all I find is a USB-MicroB cable that feeds into an automotive power adapter looking thing.  

aruba_consolecable.png

I've been leery of purchasing that cable due to the fact that I can't find what looks like a "normal" usb console cable.  If this is the correct one, I'll get it ordered.

Aruba

That's definitely not a picture of the part number I just shared. Where did you find that one?

/Onno
Contributor I

Amazon of all places!  I've already reported the image as incorrect. 

Luckily a fellow cable seeker posted the correct picture in a comment (aruba orange as described). 

Aruba

It's great to hear that the cable can be obtained on Amazon, but I hope they indeed ship the correct orange cable..

/Onno
Contributor I

The same image is featured on numerous other vendors websites.

Newegg: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0ED-00AW-00001

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/JY728A-Aruba-Micro-USB-Console-Adapter/dp/B071YNFZBG 

Lead times with HPE are just too long for me to wait for a single cable as I have imminent projects with my 345s so I sourced from somewhere else.

Additonally, HPE could really benefit with putting a picture of the cable on their own pages.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: