Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 93's not working work sonos speakers

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  IAP 93's not working work sonos speakers

Posted Oct 21, 2016 08:57 PM

Hello,

Trying to configure (3) IAP 93 in a new home and looking for some support on best configuration pratices and also see what needs to be done to get  Sonos speakers working.  They dont seem to be able to connect.

SO far - connected the 3 devices and configrued the VC and did some basic settings through the GUI,  

1. Enable Broadcast filter if you are able to, one of the biggest issues on the wireless network is the broadcast.
    2. Enable Broadcast Filter ARP
    3. Enable Dynamic Multicast Optimization
    4. Enable AirGroup
    5. Set local probe to 20dBm

Just one SID as employee, Network assigned, WPA2 and access restrictions. everything on just a single network 192.168.200.x 

I think they are running 6.2 something firmware which think I read a new version is out there but not sure where to get that yet. 

if you cant tell its my first time messing with the aruba devices and apprcate and help you can provide 

thanks in advance 

LA

• 2.  RE: IAP 93's not working work sonos speakers
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 22, 2016 07:40 AM

The IAP-93 is end of life and is the last single-radio access point that was made my Aruba.  It is older and has less memory.  I don't think that it supports Airgroup, as a result.

Screenshot 2016-10-22 at 06.38.46.png

If you turn off Broadcast Filtering, you should be able to see your Sonos device.

• 3.  RE: IAP 93's not working work sonos speakers

Posted Oct 22, 2016 09:23 AM

I am going to try this now and see how it goes..  thanks and let you know 

• 4.  RE: IAP 93's not working work sonos speakers

Posted Oct 22, 2016 09:41 AM

no luck with that change.. Sonons will not connect to the wireless network.  

• 5.  RE: IAP 93's not working work sonos speakers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 22, 2016 02:23 PM

Hold on.  You are trying to get Sonos to just connect?  Getting Sonos to connect to wireless is a very funny beast...It should have nothing to do with Airgroup or Broadcast Filtering..

• 6.  RE: IAP 93's not working work sonos speakers

Posted Oct 22, 2016 04:18 PM
    Yea that was the goal but think I am just going scrap them since end of life and I just don't know them well

Thanks

LA
    Lgilliam32@gmail.com

• 7.  RE: IAP 93's not working work sonos speakers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 22, 2016 04:36 PM

With that being said, there is nothing preventing the sonos from connecting to it wirelessly as long as you configure the parameters correctly in the Sonos app.

• 8.  RE: IAP 93's not working work sonos speakers

Posted Oct 22, 2016 05:59 PM
    I have seen a problem before. I used this config. Maybe it helps: configure airgroupservice SONOS enable id urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ConnectionManager:1 id urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ContentDirectory:1 id urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:SystemProperties:1 id urn:schemas-sonos-com:service:Queue:1 id urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:GroupRenderingControl:1 id urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:AVTransport:1 id urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:RenderingControl:1 id urn:schemas-tencent-com:service:QPlay:1 id urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:GroupManagement:1 id urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ZoneGroupTopology:1 id urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:DeviceProperties:1 id urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:MusicServices:1 id urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:AlarmClock:1 id urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:ZonePlayer:1 exit exit commit apply write memory

#AirheadsMobile

• 9.  RE: IAP 93's not working work sonos speakers

Posted Oct 22, 2016 06:00 PM
    Sorry it's not display correct. I'm on mobile. I'll post it later.

#AirheadsMobile

• 10.  RE: IAP 93's not working work sonos speakers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 22, 2016 06:38 PM

Toys-Toys, the AP93 does not support Airgroup.

The user's problem is that Sonos would not connect to the network, NOT that it could not be discovered.

• 11.  RE: IAP 93's not working work sonos speakers
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 23, 2016 02:49 PM
    Hello cjoseph, I have seen the same behavior thats its not connecting. I fixed it with the air group settings a long time ago. I know it's strange but I the problem was only with Sonos speakers. But since the ap93 does not support airgroup I have no idea how to fix the problem. Just tried to help :)

#AirheadsMobile