Wireless Access

Regular Contributor I

IAP Clusters and firmware

Hi guys,

I have a question regarding IAP clusters and firmware. When setting up an IAP cluster, do all the IAPs should have the same firmware version? Or do the slave IAPs download the firmware version from the master IAP/virtual controller, as they do with a conventional controller?

Regards,

Julián

MVP

Re: IAP Clusters and firmware

If the IAP's are of the same class (the firmware is split into different "classes" accomodating groups of models of IAP's) then the slave IAP's will download and upgrade their firmware from the master elected IAP. You can also use the automatic upgrade option which fetches image from the cloud.

If it is a mixed class IAP deployment  you can specify the image file for different platforms if doing a manual upgrade. 

ACMA, ACMP
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Regular Contributor I

Hi zailon0,

Then I understand if it is a mixed class IAP deployment then the slave IAPs will NOT download and upgrade their firmware from the master elected IAP?

Regards,

Julián

MVP

Hi, these are your options. It depends on the model of the slave IAPs and the images available. If you're IAP's have an internet connection then this is the easiest option. 

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_41_WebHelp/InstantWebHelp.htm#UG_files/IAP_maintenance/Firmware_Image_Server_in.htm?Highlight=upgrade

ACMA, ACMP
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Regular Contributor I

Hi zailon0,

I had this problem, the slave IAPs neither joined the master IAP nor downloaded its firmware and configuration because they are different models. After manual upgrading the slave IAPs, the joined the master IAP and downloaded the configuration. Thanks.

Regards,

Julián

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: