Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP - DHCP Configuration.

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  IAP - DHCP Configuration.

Posted Mar 23, 2014 01:29 PM

Hi, 

I have this requirement to be made with a IAP. 

There are only 10 known clients connecting on the instant AP. I want the IAP to assign IP-address for the clients. The range of addresses given by the IP should be 192.168.10.29 to 192.168.10.39. 

I know its not proper subnet. but this is customer requirement. 

is it possible to achive this config on an instant AP. 

• 2.  RE: IAP - DHCP Configuration.
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 23, 2014 02:07 PM

On the server option on the local DHCP server is not possible at this time. to assign a range of addresses

You should use the enhance request feature on the partner site and ask for this... it would be nice to have it for local DHCP servers on instants APs.

Cheers

Carlos

• 3.  RE: IAP - DHCP Configuration.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 23, 2014 04:45 PM

@yogenpartha wrote:

Hi, 

I have this requirement to be made with a IAP. 

There are only 10 known clients connecting on the instant AP. I want the IAP to assign IP-address for the clients. The range of addresses given by the IP should be 192.168.10.29 to 192.168.10.39. 

I know its not proper subnet. but this is customer requirement. 

is it possible to achive this config on an instant AP. 

Yogenpartha,

What is assigning ip addresses to wired clients?  Why not use that DHCP server to reserve addresses for the wireless, as well?  You can leverage the familiarity of that DHCP server as well as the flexibility.