Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

IAP Mesh - Maintain connectivity

Hi All,

I have a cluster of 20 IAP's working at a client site.

The hardware is IAP205 and IAP275 accesspoints.

I have few IAP275 working as mesh portal and some others as mesh points and all these works very well for some years now.

We now have a central Airwave deployed and the end user wants to connect now all his existing clusers to AirWave and manage IAPs in read writing mode.

I beleive, as soon as my cluster connects to central Airwave in read/write mode, the mesh link is going to fall, right? and will not come back, until I connect back the mesh points to the cluster by wire connection, configure them with few parameters of Mesh and then the mesh points will function?

Do anybody think, I could have a dream and finally see the Mesh coming back after Airwave push firmware and configs to the cluster?

Thanks in advance for your comments, suggestions.

Warm regards

EB

Guru Elite

Re: IAP Mesh - Maintain connectivity

I would contact either TAC or a reseller to work with you on the procedure.  Theoretically, you can import the configuration for a cluster, change it to manage mode and not have anything go down.  The reality is, it is every dependent on the fact that you execute a set of steps in the right order and monitor your links.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: