Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP management: good, foo.com: bad

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP management: good, foo.com: bad

Posted Aug 06, 2013 01:24 PM

I'm testing the latest iAP firmware (6.2.1.0-3.4.0.0_39086) in lab, and have a good swarm config template, but I find that the individual AP settings are now mismatched in Airwave (7.7.1)

foo.com.png

I can expose the foo.com entry if I uncheck DHCP (in Airwave) but erasing it doesn't clear Airwave's expectation if I put DHCP back.

Clicking "Repair" button doesn't clear the disagreement.

Finally on the Audit page, clicking "Import" also fails to resolve the disagreement.

Any one else see this, or fix it?

• 2.  RE: IAP management: good, foo.com: bad

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 06, 2013 01:54 PM

This thread is on the same topic:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AirWave/Instant-AP-mismatched-but-VC-is-not/td-p/89508

Summary:

IAP 3.4 has the fix that doesn't add foo.com if using DHCP.

If you added the IAP into AirWave before upgrading to 3.4, then the AMP would have the foo.com in the desired.

To remove -> go to AP manage page, and select import settings (this can also be performed in bulk from a list view).

If you added the IAP into AirWave after upgrading to 3.4, then the AMP would not have the foo.com.

• 3.  RE: IAP management: good, foo.com: bad

Posted Aug 06, 2013 02:19 PM

Went to AP manage page and clicked 'Import'

Still has the foo

• 4.  RE: IAP management: good, foo.com: bad

Posted Aug 06, 2013 03:46 PM

Try to edit the template (of this specific AP/group) ..It might fix the mismatch for u:

Capture.PNGCapture32.PNG

• 5.  RE: IAP management: good, foo.com: bad

Posted Aug 06, 2013 05:02 PM

I'm an old-hand at iAP template variables etc.  This is AP-specific setting, not VC setting.

Unless there's a way to template the iAP settings which I haven't found...

• 6.  RE: IAP management: good, foo.com: bad

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 06, 2013 05:04 PM

This may be a new defect, I think it's worth opening a support case to have them do additional checking.  I tried to reproduce this in house, but for me the 'import settings' from the AP's manage page works (make sure it's the AP entry, not the VC).

• 7.  RE: IAP management: good, foo.com: bad

Posted Aug 06, 2013 07:53 PM

Also imported a brand new iAP running 3.4 -- upgraded a new iAP out of box to 3.4, then told it where Airwave was and brought it on board.

Same problem.

Que the new ticket.

• 8.  RE: IAP management: good, foo.com: bad
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 08, 2013 08:17 PM

TAC collected some data and then indicated that 7.7.1 support for iAP 3.4 wasn't fully baked.

Upgraded to 7.7.3 an hour ago, and both iAP returned to good status.