Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IOS 11 Clients getting disconnected

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IOS 11 Clients getting disconnected

Posted Nov 27, 2017 02:51 PM

Hi,

I deployed a Aruba Wireless Controller and ClearPass recently. We had two SSIDs one which corporate SSID with 802.1x and Guest SSID with self registration page from ClearPass.

Since we created a Guest SSID we are noticing the IOS 11 Apple clients cannot connect to this Guest SSID.

So we opened a ticket with Aruba TAC and they told us it is due to Apple increased the encryption to 2048 or SHA2 and the controller certificate is SHA-1.

So on the advice of TAC we bought a SSL certificate from GoDaddy with SHA-2 and uploaded to the controller. But still the Apple clients facing same issue. Is there any work around for this?

When we are trying to generate CSR from the controller there was no option to generate the private key. So from GoDaddy also we didnt recieve any private key. So the TAC used SSLHOPPER to generate the private key. Maybe this causing the certificate to be not working as expected?

Please help me the customer is eating my head.

Thank You

• 2.  RE: IOS 11 Clients getting disconnected

Posted Dec 11, 2017 04:53 PM

This is a late reply, but when you generate a csr the private key is kept on the controller and never comes off during generation.  Go Daddy would never see it.  They would never send you a private key.