Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IP Mobility question

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IP Mobility question

Posted Feb 16, 2016 01:28 PM

Hi Forum,

I'm trying to setup IP mobility on a Master and 2 locals cluster of 7005 controller. I was reading the arubaOS user guide 6.4.2.x page 600 and has the step-by-step configurations which looks very simple(see the screen cap). The Master controller on the other hand does not show me the options on step 3 from the user guide. I have not done this before any any help is appreciated.

mobility.JPG

• 2.  RE: IP Mobility question

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 16, 2016 03:23 PM

Hi, 

That point should be for the 6.1. The 6.2 and above should have options only for the "Home agent" and "Description". Try adding only the Home Agent IP and Description. That should work. 

Thanks, 

Rajaguru Vincent 

• 3.  RE: IP Mobility question

Posted Feb 16, 2016 04:07 PM

OK so what vlan will be "mobile" then? The screen cap is from 6.4.2.x user guide! could be that it was left there by error?

• 4.  RE: IP Mobility question

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 16, 2016 04:20 PM

Hi, 

If I'm not wrong, that should be an error. Let me share the screen shots from 6.1 and 6.4. 

6.1: 

IP-Mobility-6.1.jpg

6.4: 

IP-Mobility-6.4.JPG

The VLAN information is not required now. See below link, that would help I guess.  

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/ArubaOS-6-2-IP-Mobility/ta-p/182856

Thanks, 

Rajaguru Vincent