Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IP Mobility.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IP Mobility.

Posted Feb 11, 2014 05:25 AM
      |   view attached

1.png

Reference to image attached above. We are facing strange mobility issue. When a user connect with AP 1 with SSID 1 it works properly and get ip address from proper DHCP scope i.e. 10.10.10.X/24 when this same user move to new location and connect with AP2 & SSID 2 it remain the same IP i.e 10.10.10.x/24 although it must get an IP address from 10.10.20.X/24. Please advice

• 2.  RE: IP Mobility.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 11, 2014 05:44 AM

• 3.  RE: IP Mobility.

Posted Feb 12, 2014 01:43 AM

Thanks CJ,

Already done the same (As is believe it is disable by default) but still facing the same issue.

Please note that no all the users facing the same issue. Only couple of user in days are facing this issue. What I am thinking is to disable VLAN mobility as well as a test and verify the results? What do u recommend ?

• 4.  RE: IP Mobility.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 12, 2014 04:41 AM

The Vlan mobility does not have anything to do with what you are seeing in a single controller.  You should turn on user debugging and see how and why the user gets that ip address range.

• 5.  RE: IP Mobility.

Posted Feb 12, 2014 07:25 AM

Thanks,

I will go through with user debugging when i face this problem again and than I will get back to you.