Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IP Mobility

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  IP Mobility

Posted Jun 09, 2014 02:49 PM

So, I have recently moved my controllers to an L3 connected topology. As they are no longer connected together with the same L2 vlans I need to enable IP Mobility. This seemed like an easy enough idea until when I tried to add my subnets to the HAT I was confronted with the error that you can not have more than 32 HAT entries on any given controller. This is a big problem for me since I have roughly 48 subnets as of right now that need to be added into the table.

Any thoughts out there?

I am currently running 6.3.1.6 in a Master/Local topology.

• 2.  RE: IP Mobility

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 09, 2014 04:26 PM

Whoa!  That's a lot of subnets...  A couple of questions:

1. Are the clients actually roaming between these local controllers?  Does it happen frequently or are they separated by some physical distance?

2. Looking at this from a bigger picture, perhaps it may be beneficial to take a look at re-architecting this WLAN space to a "flatter" type of design...again, not trying to push you in this direction...just making some initial thoughts on the info above.  

Can you provide more insight into your topology and design?

Thanks!