Wireless Access

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IP Routing Guest Network on Aruba Controllers

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  IP Routing Guest Network on Aruba Controllers

Posted Sep 19, 2013 07:10 PM
    I have a situation that I can seem how to figure out. I have 1 master and 3 local controllers. The Master and 1 local controller are M3 controllers in the same Aruba 6000 chassis. Both are in the same LAN. 3 vlans are configured. A production VLAN 30, A Guest VLAN 100, and a Wireless Network VLAN 208. All 3 VLANs can access and route as necessary. I have 2 other 3400 local Controlles that are in the WAN. The APs can get their profiles and provide device connection on the wireless network with no issues. However the APs Guest network through AP group and connects devices via SSID but does not get an address. From the remote WAN controller I can ping the IP gateway of the Master and local controller but cannot ping the individual address of the Master or local controller.

Since the local WAN controller know about the master controller is there a way to use the IP routes configuration on the controllers to route the Guest traffic.

• 2.  RE: IP Routing Guest Network on Aruba Controllers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 19, 2013 07:15 PM

On the local 3400s (in the WAN - pleas define that a bit more please), is VLAN 100 defined?  What device is handing out DHCP?  Is it the controller?  This sounds like a missed config somewhere along the line.  

• 3.  RE: IP Routing Guest Network on Aruba Controllers

Posted Sep 19, 2013 07:18 PM
    VLAN 100 is defined. The VLAN 100 network is handing out DHCP.

• 4.  RE: IP Routing Guest Network on Aruba Controllers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 19, 2013 07:22 PM

OK.  Is the DHCP server enabled?  Can you post your config?

• 5.  RE: IP Routing Guest Network on Aruba Controllers

Posted Sep 19, 2013 07:32 PM
    Yes, I can post. Give me a few I have to remote into work.

• 6.  RE: IP Routing Guest Network on Aruba Controllers

Posted Sep 20, 2013 10:33 AM

Decided to remove attached controller config.  Too much company detail to attach.  Can I send to your private email address?

• 7.  RE: IP Routing Guest Network on Aruba Controllers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 20, 2013 04:17 PM
    sure

• 8.  RE: IP Routing Guest Network on Aruba Controllers

Posted Sep 20, 2013 04:28 PM

Here is most of the config.  Just missing some passphrases and key access points.  But normal config setup is there.

• 9.  RE: IP Routing Guest Network on Aruba Controllers

Posted Sep 23, 2013 02:03 PM

Seth,

Did you get my email?

Jerry