Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  IPSEC & AP's

Posted Jul 17, 2012 10:33 AM

The chapter in the User's Guide describes what seems to be a configuration of RAP witht alot of Controller ACL's, etc necessary to integrate the RAP-5 into the Controlelr domain. I've done that & it seems to work ok, but am wondering if all of this configuration on the Controller  is necessary to incoprorate an AP 105 for instance into this IPSEC/encrypted setup

• 2.  RE: IPSEC & AP's

Posted Jul 17, 2012 12:36 PM

For RAP-2, RAP-3, RAP-5, and newer generation APs (those that do certificate authentication), they do not require the ACLs you mention.   If you have a campus AP that you want to be a RAP, whitelist it and when provisioning it, choose Remote AP (yes) and certificate authentication.   You should not have to create any ACLs for this to work.

• 3.  RE: IPSEC & AP's

Posted Jul 19, 2012 11:00 AM

I white-listed the ap 105 on a 651 using 6.1.2.4. It still does not see it even to provision.

• 4.  RE: IPSEC & AP's
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 19, 2012 11:12 AM

If I understand you correctly....

For an AP-105 (or any Campus AP), you'll need to have it connect to the controller first internally as a Campus AP, then you can provision it as a RAP.    The RAP-2/3/5 can be provisioned directly without having to do that.

Does that make sense?