Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

In Visual RF is there a way to draw in closet locations with a label%3F

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  In Visual RF is there a way to draw in closet locations with a label%3F

Posted Apr 08, 2015 10:51 AM

I'm looking for a way to draw wired closet locations on an Airwave Visual RF map.  If I can do this by importing the switches into the map, that'd be optimal.

I have a group of workstation technicians who use the map daily to troubleshoot wireless issues.  It'd be great if they could see where the closets were in the building on the same map.

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: In Visual RF is there a way to draw in closet locations with a label%3F

Posted Apr 08, 2015 12:06 PM

I don't think Airwave lets you drop anything on the map which is not an AP.

As a work around, what I would do is go to VisualRF > Setup and add a new wall type with Attenuation of 0. Make it a bright colour not used by any of your other defined walls, and then draw a box with that colour wall where the closet it. Let you guys know what colour to look for.

This is a hack at best, and it might be worthwhile to add this as a feature request.

_ELiasz

• 3.  RE: In Visual RF is there a way to draw in closet locations with a label%3F

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 08, 2015 01:40 PM

Sounds like you're talking about the IDF region feature.  This feature didn't make it into the HTML5 version yet.  But if you want to check it out:

1) disable HTML5: go to VisualRF setup -> toggle HTML5 enabled = no -> save

2) reload VisualRF floors tab -> you should see the floor plans come up in Flash

3) use the draw region tool, set region as 'IDF'

4) double click into IDF, add racks, switches, controllers

Note that if you want to go back to HTML5, you can, but you won't have visibility of this region that was drawn.  It's worth it to file a feature request to get the IDF region feature added back into HTML5.  The more votes for the feature, the more likely it will be done in a next release sooner.

• 4.  RE: In Visual RF is there a way to draw in closet locations with a label%3F

Posted Apr 10, 2015 12:38 PM

While attending the Atmosphere 2015 conference, one of the breakout sessions showed us how to use the Flash version of Airwave temporarily without toggling HTML5. If you replace "vrf" with "site_list" then you'll be able to make your modifications - although it will not show up as "Wiring Closet" in HTML5.

HTML5 - https://airwaveserver/vrf
    Flash - https://airwaveserver/site_list

I'm hoping to get the wiring closet functionality back, as well as the building migration option (switching between campuses). However, I'm able to use the flash link as a temporary workaround. I'm also hoping to use these maps to provide for wireless troubleshooting. I'm actually in the process of creating Airwave Maps of our Meru APs to provide and have them placed in their own Meru Campus. As we continue with our Aruba deployment, I'll relocate the buildings to the Aruba campus.

• 5.  RE: In Visual RF is there a way to draw in closet locations with a label%3F

Posted Nov 11, 2019 12:07 PM

Any Updates to this on how to do this in AirWave Management Platform 8.2.9.1?