Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Incorrectly placed AP error messages

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Incorrectly placed AP error messages

Posted May 12, 2012 08:25 PM

We are using version 7.4.8 of Airwave. While placing IAP 105's in Visual RF, I am receiving an error message for the only 2 AP's on the floorplan, "AP is incorrectly placed on the floorplan". They are placed correctly on the map. What could be causing this error and what can be done to resolve it?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Incorrectly placed AP error messages

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 12, 2012 08:52 PM

Are these existing (APs already in the controller and being monitored by AMP) or are they Planned APs?  What exactly are the sequence of your steps?

• 3.  RE: Incorrectly placed AP error messages

Posted May 12, 2012 10:25 PM

No controller in this new environment. We replaced Cisco with Aruba and during testing with Airwave, the Cisco AP's did not display the error that we are getting with the IAP 105's. The Aruba AP's are in production and work fine but the VisualRF map is the only concern. The Cisco AP's are no longer in production and connected to the network.

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Incorrectly placed AP error messages

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 12, 2012 10:27 PM

@tjg091 wrote:

No controller in this new environment. We replaced Cisco with Aruba and during testing with Airwave, the Cisco AP's did not display the error that we are getting with the IAP 105's. The Cisco AP's are in production and work fine but the VisualRF map is the only concern.

Thanks

Thanks for that info.

Again, what were your exact steps to produce the issue?

• 5.  RE: Incorrectly placed AP error messages

Posted May 12, 2012 10:36 PM

The Aruba AP's were added to the floorplan and immediately we noticed that both AP's showed up in red and displyed the error message that the AP's were incorrectly placed on the floorplan. In addition when clicking on the AP's, the status shows up as suspect. When one of the AP's is removed from the floorplan, the remaining AP does not show up in red or in a suspect state anymore. The AP's are more than 30 ft apart from each other.

Thanks

• 6.  RE: Incorrectly placed AP error messages

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 12, 2012 10:38 PM

Thank you.  We will check this.

• 7.  RE: Incorrectly placed AP error messages

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 14, 2012 11:40 AM

Perhaps the scale of the floorplan is unrealistic?  I would check its size and resize if needed.

• 8.  RE: Incorrectly placed AP error messages

Posted May 16, 2012 09:14 PM

I have confirmed the dimensions of the building and the size is correct.

• 9.  RE: Incorrectly placed AP error messages

Posted Nov 28, 2012 08:37 AM

I can confirm the error messages have been carried over to 7.5.6.  Was there ever any resolution to the placement error message?

• 10.  RE: Incorrectly placed AP error messages

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 28, 2012 06:15 PM

We'll try to reproduce this in our lab and get back to you.

• 11.  RE: Incorrectly placed AP error messages

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 03, 2012 01:15 PM

We tried to reproduce the error in our lab, but were not able to recreate.  If you're experiencing this issue, it'd be best to open a support case so further data gathering and troubleshooting can be done.

• 12.  RE: Incorrectly placed AP error messages

Posted Dec 06, 2012 06:44 AM

I have a similar outstanding issue with TAC. It's on hold for now pending an upgrade to the latest verson when time allows. Basically *every* building is suggesting the AP's are misplaced which sounds very similar. All the more obvious things such as scales  have been checked. 

• 13.  RE: Incorrectly placed AP error messages

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 06, 2012 04:50 PM

@eljay

Do you happen to have the TAC case number handy?  Having the case number will help me track down the case owner to see what info they've gathered so far.

edit: Will be trying to contact you through a private message shortly.

• 14.  RE: Incorrectly placed AP error messages

Posted Mar 11, 2014 09:11 AM

Was this issue every resolved? I recently ran into the same thing in v7.7.5. TAC Case #1516282

• 15.  RE: Incorrectly placed AP error messages

Posted Mar 11, 2014 11:14 AM

I hope this helps someone in the future to have the resolution posted as well...

On the VisualRF page, Click on preferences tab and select Configure preferences for APs from the drop down list.

Uncheck the AP location in preferences table as shown below, and check the AP status.

Airwave error message - Fix from TAC.png