Wireless Access

Contributor I

Incorrectly placed AP error messages

We are using version 7.4.8 of Airwave. While placing IAP 105's in Visual RF, I am receiving an error message for the only 2 AP's on the floorplan, "AP is incorrectly placed on the floorplan". They are placed correctly on the map. What could be causing this error and what can be done to resolve it?

Thanks

Guru Elite

Re: Incorrectly placed AP error messages

Are these existing (APs already in the controller and being monitored by AMP) or are they Planned APs?  What exactly are the sequence of your steps?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

[ Edited ]

No controller in this new environment. We replaced Cisco with Aruba and during testing with Airwave, the Cisco AP's did not display the error that we are getting with the IAP 105's. The Aruba AP's are in production and work fine but the VisualRF map is the only concern. The Cisco AP's are no longer in production and connected to the network.

Thanks

Guru Elite

tjg091 wrote:

No controller in this new environment. We replaced Cisco with Aruba and during testing with Airwave, the Cisco AP's did not display the error that we are getting with the IAP 105's. The Cisco AP's are in production and work fine but the VisualRF map is the only concern.

Thanks

Thanks for that info.

Again, what were your exact steps to produce the issue?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

The Aruba AP's were added to the floorplan and immediately we noticed that both AP's showed up in red and displyed the error message that the AP's were incorrectly placed on the floorplan. In addition when clicking on the AP's, the status shows up as suspect. When one of the AP's is removed from the floorplan, the remaining AP does not show up in red or in a suspect state anymore. The AP's are more than 30 ft apart from each other.

Thanks

Guru Elite

Thank you.  We will check this.

Colin Joseph

Aruba

Perhaps the scale of the floorplan is unrealistic?  I would check its size and resize if needed.

Contributor I

I have confirmed the dimensions of the building and the size is correct.

New Contributor

I can confirm the error messages have been carried over to 7.5.6.  Was there ever any resolution to the placement error message?

We'll try to reproduce this in our lab and get back to you.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: