Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Indoor Mesh

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Indoor Mesh

Posted May 11, 2013 09:18 AM

can i have mesh for indoor APs ?

only one AP can connect ethernet to the rack , other APs locations is far so bthinking to mesh them to this one AP connecte dto the rack ?

is mesh doable with indoor APs ?

is there document explaining that ?

will i need only controller to configure that , or specific thing is needed ?

is there any limitations ?

• 2.  RE: Indoor Mesh

Posted May 11, 2013 09:21 AM

tis is totally indoor coverage , not outdoor 

planning to use AP-135 & AP-105

• 3.  RE: Indoor Mesh

Posted May 11, 2013 01:37 PM

We did a Mesh deployment at our gym primarily use for commencement and big events using AP 135's with 3 Mesh portals and 4 Mesh points and two of the mesh points providing a wired connection through e1 and it worked really well.

The only challange when doing indoor mesh is your line of sight since it uses 802.11a between the mesh point and mesh portals in our case we didn't have that issue since it was a pretty wide open.

Here is the documentation we used to do the config :

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_60/UserGuide/Mesh.php

Screen Shot 2013-05-11 at 1.39.44 PM.png

• 4.  RE: Indoor Mesh

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 11, 2013 11:31 AM

Indoor mesh is possible, but is not typically done because you could gain much more performance by running a cable to another access point than to use mesh.

Everyone who asks to do it, I advice against it, because it always leads to much less performance than running a cable.

You can do mesh with indoor APs.  You need a controller to configure it if you are not using IAPs.  The ArubaOS user guide explains how to configure mesh.

Again, I would never advise someone to do indoor mesh.