Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant AP Clearpass Guest Layer 3

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Instant AP Clearpass Guest Layer 3

Posted Sep 27, 2013 05:27 AM

We have a remote campus that we will be replacing AP-135's with IAP-135's and would like to replicate our current environment on the Instants. The Guest portion seems to be giving me more trouble than I expected. Typiclly if you want to redirect clients to an external web page for captive portal you have to have an IP on the controller for the user vlan. Is that the case with the Instants as well? Under Layer 3 mobility I see an option to add an IP. Is this something I need to do? I get connected to the ssid but it is not redirecting properly.

• 2.  RE: Instant AP Clearpass Guest Layer 3

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 30, 2013 11:30 AM

@keithcr wrote:

We have a remote campus that we will be replacing AP-135's with IAP-135's and would like to replicate our current environment on the Instants. The Guest portion seems to be giving me more trouble than I expected. Typiclly if you want to redirect clients to an external web page for captive portal you have to have an IP on the controller for the user vlan. Is that the case with the Instants as well? Under Layer 3 mobility I see an option to add an IP. Is this something I need to do? I get connected to the ssid but it is not redirecting properly.

Yes, you do, but where is the webpage that users are being redirected to?  Is it ClearPass or another external webpage?  Is it accessible and routable from that client subnet?

• 3.  RE: Instant AP Clearpass Guest Layer 3

Posted Sep 30, 2013 12:00 PM

We have Clearpass. It is accessible from the user vlan.

• 4.  RE: Instant AP Clearpass Guest Layer 3

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 30, 2013 12:14 PM

@keithcr wrote:

We have Clearpass. It is accessible from the user vlan.

Did you see the video here?:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Video/VIDEO-Configuring-Aruba-Instant-Guest-Network-with-External/ta-p/90322

• 5.  RE: Instant AP Clearpass Guest Layer 3

Posted Oct 01, 2013 10:53 AM

That helps but now I have a new question. What is the best way to input the oscp list in the instants? In the pre-auth role or whitelist?