Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Instant AP and ClearPass DNS

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I managed to setup instant AP, ClearPass and Clearpass guest talking  working thanks to a top video posted within the forum.

However I notice quite a delay when loading the caprive portal.It is my belief that this is due to the DNS timeout. I have seen this in few occasions with other vendor products in the past. The particular client I'm involved with  will not have a DNS server setup for the instant APs enviornment  as Instant APs will be working as a standlone offering.

For clients, I will be using 8.8.8.8  but I do not know  a workaround to  for the internal devices that require DNS service for IAP, CP and CP Guest components.

Update: 1 hour later :-)

When I tried authenticate against radiusit did not work.  I noticed that the radius is rejecting the user  stating" failed to clasify request to service"

Any advice/help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Guru Elite

Re: Instant AP and ClearPass DNS

Make sure that if the service has an Aruba-Essid-Attribute restriction, it matches your guest network.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Re: Instant AP and ClearPass DNS

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Infact what you said was mentioned  on the video and I changed  it to match myworld.

Did a reboot asa last resort and things started working. May be as I was doing so many changes the AP/Clearpass would have gone bersek!!

However I'm still observing delays due to lack of DNS during redirection..

I'm thinking of using the ISP DNS to solve the challenge :-)

cheers,

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: