Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant AP shows as AM after conversion

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Instant AP shows as AM after conversion

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 07, 2018 04:45 AM

The controller shows the IAP as AM after the conversion to CAP, i have noticed that the country code of the controller is assigned to a wrong country.

Will it show as AP if i change the regulatory domain profile on the controller to match the correct country code on the instant, or do i have to reset the controller and change the country code?

And If i change the Reg.Dom. is there any downtime as site is sensative?

• 2.  RE: Instant AP shows as AM after conversion

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Apr 07, 2018 05:02 AM

Ensuring the country codes are correct will allow the AP to broadcast. You need to make sure the hardware is supported in the regulatory domain regardless however.

You can check the allowed channels for a domain and AP type using the following command: 

show ap allowed-channels country-code UK ap-type ap-105

Only certain AP typres are approved for use in selected regulatory domains.

What is the AP mode, the regulatory domain you wish to use it in and the version of ArubaOS you are running?

• 3.  RE: Instant AP shows as AM after conversion

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 07, 2018 05:16 AM

Running AOS 6.5 , the controller is a 72xx RW model but is set to US form initial set up, and should be SA. IAP is 275 RW

Both are RW ,hardware is supported.

will the change of the reg. domain profile fix the AM issue ?

is there any interruption to the WLAN in doing so?

• 4.  RE: Instant AP shows as AM after conversion
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Apr 07, 2018 05:34 AM

Yes, change the reg domain in the AP system profile so it matches. Looking at the ArubaOS 6.5 Guide, changing the reg domain for an AP does not cause a radio restart.

Why is the country code of the controller not set to SA, you will need to reset the controller if you wish to change this.