Wireless Access

Regular Contributor II

Instant APs cannot be converted to Campus APs and then terminate to a Controller

Hello All,

We have a 105AP running the Code of an Instant AP. I have tried all possible ways to convert this AP to a Campus AP (CAP) to no avail. 

It simply just comes up as an Instant AP. 

I even set the Instant AP to factory default and still.

Even after setting it to factory default, I connected it to a Physical Port on the 620 Controller. It still came up as an Instant.

Can Instant APs be really converted to Caps?

Guru Elite

Re: Instant APs cannot be converted to Campus APs and then terminate to a Controller

You have to go under Maintenence> Convert to point it to an active controller to convert.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor II

Re: Instant APs cannot be converted to Campus APs and then terminate to a Controller

Yep! Tried that over 5 times and still could not get it to convert to a CAP.

Guru Elite

What version of code is on the controller?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor II

Guru Elite

Unfortunately, you need a minimum of ArubaOS 6.1 on the controller to convert the APS.

Colin Joseph

Regular Contributor II

Do you think the Software Version on the 620 Controller could be the issue?

Regular Contributor II

**bleep**! Oh well.

I always knew we might need to upgrade at sometime.

Is there a link or documentation where I can reference this?

Guru Elite

We are trying to get it added as we speak.  Please see the thread right here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Access-Points/Converting-IAP-105-to-an-AP-105/m-p/14594/highlight/true#M2054

Colin Joseph

Regular Contributor II

Thanks Joseph. 

Will try that out and keep you updated.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: