Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant and 2 105 AP, 1 ap is much slower

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Instant and 2 105 AP, 1 ap is much slower

Posted Oct 03, 2012 12:52 PM

I have two 105's installed in a small office. One (#1)is connected to a POE switch, the other (#2)is standalone with AC power. Virtual Network is established. and both AP's functional. The #2 AP is very slow on download tests, 6.41 MPBSwith a strong signal. The #1 ap connected to the switch is 30MBPS when tested. What could be causing the speed difference? They are in separate rooms but only 40-50 ft apart.  The #1 ap connected to the switch does not cover well enough and the 2nd ap was added.  Suggestions? Default setup with 5 clients attached on #1 and 2 clients on #2

• 2.  RE: Instant and 2 105 AP, 1 ap is much slower

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 08, 2012 08:05 AM

Are you connecting clients on the #2 AP on the 2.4ghz or the 5ghz radio?  If the 5ghz radio is used for backhaul and the clients are connecting at 5ghz, as well, airtime will be consumed for backhaul and degrade those clients.

• 3.  RE: Instant and 2 105 AP, 1 ap is much slower

Posted Feb 15, 2013 12:56 PM
    I am running into this same exact problem,did you find a solution? My scenario is the master AP is on our 2nd floor and slave on 4th floor, currently get 15MB down on 2nd and only 1-2MB down on the 4th but upload speeds are the same for both. Found that if I unplug the master on the 2nd floor then the 4th floor AP takes over as master and the speeds go up to 15MB on 4th floor but if I plug the 2nd floor AP back in it doesn't take the master role but the speeds go back to 1-2MB on the 4th and 2nd still remains at 15MB...

• 4.  RE: Instant and 2 105 AP, 1 ap is much slower

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 15, 2013 01:53 PM

Are you dropping broadcasts on that SSID?

• 5.  RE: Instant and 2 105 AP, 1 ap is much slower

Posted Feb 19, 2013 10:22 AM

Not sure about that.  I on the 4th floor AP I went ahead and manually changed the channel because it was using the same channel as the 2nd floor for 5Ghz and also set to force 5GHz if available.  After that speeds went to normal so not sure which setting helped but seems to be ok now.