Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant firmware fields meaning

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  Instant firmware fields meaning

Posted Jun 01, 2017 10:36 AM

Hi guys,

I have a doubt about the meaning of the Instant firmware fields. Let's take as an example the firmware version 6.4.4.8-4.2.4.3_56707. What's the meaning of 6.4.4.8 and 4.2.4.3? And what about 56707? I know the first part is related to ArubaOS and the second one to InstantOS but still not clear.

Regards,

Julián

• 2.  RE: Instant firmware fields meaning
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 01, 2017 11:36 AM

"6.4.4.8" is the version of controller code it should loosely have parity with

"4.2.4.3" is the instant version.

"56707" is the build number which is just an incremental number internally.  Its main purpose is to differentiate between two different builds of the same version of code (rare in the real world).

As of 6.5.2.0 both ArubaOS and Instant will have the same version numbers and the <AOS version>_<Instant version>_<build number> naming goes away.

• 3.  RE: Instant firmware fields meaning

Posted Jun 01, 2017 12:07 PM

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your response. But if I am going to use my APs as Instant APs, without a physical controller, the I can ignore the first part 6.4.4.8 since it is related to the controller, am I right?

Thanks,

Julián

• 4.  RE: Instant firmware fields meaning

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 01, 2017 12:08 PM

Yes.

• 5.  RE: Instant firmware fields meaning

Posted Jun 01, 2017 04:30 PM

Hi Colin,

I understand from 6.5.2.0 on, both ArubaOS and InstantOS will have the same version numbers. Does this have to do with the new Unified APs (Instant/Campus AP)?

Regards,

Julián

• 6.  RE: Instant firmware fields meaning

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 01, 2017 04:33 PM

Yes.

• 7.  RE: Instant firmware fields meaning

Posted Jun 01, 2017 04:55 PM

Thanks very much for your interest.

Best regards,

Julián