Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Integration of Aruba with OPERA Property Management System

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Integration of Aruba with OPERA Property Management System

Posted Feb 27, 2013 09:26 AM

This may be not the exact board to ask this question here. but i ask it because it is related with Aruba OS configution..

Please advice Aruba controller can be integrated with OPERA Property Management System??? is it possible for the aruba controller to extract user name password system from opera which is used in captive portal.

This is going to be implemented in hotel

• 2.  RE: Integration of Aruba with OPERA Property Management System
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 27, 2013 09:36 AM

Hi

:smileywink:

As far as i aware - Opera billing system (found in most of the hotels) using COM-SERIAL connectivity - u must use 3rd party GW to the hotel guests vlan - Like a nomadix.

Here is an example diagram (i deployed a lot of hotel via this topology)

OperaExample.PNG

*As u can see the nomadix (Gateway for visitors/guests getting the needed information | billing information via serial cable directly from the hotel/hotels opera server)

hope it clearly you question.

have a lovely week. :smileyhappy:

me

• 3.  RE: Integration of Aruba with OPERA Property Management System

Posted Jun 02, 2013 03:43 PM

Hello Kdisc98

Have you succesfully integrate clearpass guest  with OPERA?  i see this option which i think its related to that

opera.PNG

If its is there any step by step manual somehwere on how to integrate it with this management system? it would be really helpful to us

I mean what do i need to do in the opera, and what do i need to do in the clearpass, but as far i see on the clearpass is the easiest part maybe?

Thanks

Carlos

• 4.  RE: Integration of Aruba with OPERA Property Management System

Posted Jun 03, 2013 08:31 AM
    Nice Info NightShade1,

Asa, Please confirm, I also need to configure the same