Wireless Access

MVP

Re: Intel 7260 + VHT disconnects

Even with the 17.13.11 driver we suffered a disconnection issue.

Seems as though that did not fix it.
Will go back to TAC with this
Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]

[ Edited ]

hi Pasquale

When you say disconnect, do you mean some sort of limited connectivity that suddenly appears ? I can confirm we just recently found and fixed an issue that can cause a periodic "!" limited connectivity stall to occur (it can also eventually recover itself, but takes many minutes, perhaps up to 10mins). It is fixed in 6.4.2.5 which is currently scheduled for end of day 26th Feb.

To determine if you are hitting this bug is a bit tricky, but shoot me an email at my forum nume @ aruba and I can step you through it.

FWIW there is also some sort of issue we see from time to time where certain laptops are getting stuck when they come out of sleep/hibernate, they try to connect to the wifi but fail to answer the eap-id-req from the AP, I have a feeling this is not a wireless issue (if you're seeing that, let me know too)

regards

-jeff

MVP

Sharing my update as well...

The only thing so far that has stopped the disconnects for us is disabling VHT.  For clarification, our disconnects result in the client disassociating from the AP.  The clients are unable to associate unless they reboot.

Support is monitoring the case and trying to identify if anything can be tweaked so VHT can be enabled.

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
MVP

Jeff, emailed you.

I wish just disabling VHT would solve this but it doesn't. I have heard there is a new driver out 17.14 but I have yet to verify it myself.
ACDX #420 | ACMP
MVP

After troubleshooting with TAC we re-enabled VHT and attempted to catch a disconnect in the act so engineering can get a look at the AP console. Logs were sent and they are investigating.

ALso, a new driver is out 17.14.x and TAC has asked me to install on some devices to try it out. I will be doing that and will let you know.
ACDX #420 | ACMP
Occasional Contributor I

Hi

i have had this in one of my customers they are not running Aruba, they are running HP wireless.

Nut we have tried both Lenovo and Dell computers, the affected machines are machines with Intel 7260AC. It seems that the problem occurs on SSID where you have a lot of machines conected and the machine is in some power save mode.

The solution is to skip using dell or lenovo driver and using the latest Intel driver with WIFI proset and also use the latest BIOS on the machine.

The latest driver that works and is confirmed for numerous of test is this 17.13.11.5 it need to be 5 i the end.

And you also need to run the latest BIOS on the PC.

Regards

Peter Andersén

MVP

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your update.

There is a new version 17.14.x out as well.

Have you had a chance to test this as well?

What would the BIOS have to do with the issue? Not that I am questioning the reason to upgrade it but more wondering what changes an upgrade to the BIOS can improve?

Thanks,

Pasquale
ACDX #420 | ACMP
Occasional Contributor I

[ Edited ]

I am experiencing similar issues to Pasquale. Give or take 200 users all using Intel 7260ac wireless cards and connected to wifi and they are experiencing frequent "!" limited connectivity issues. When it occurs, a reboot is required to allow new connection that actually passes traffic. It doesn't always happen, and seems to happen at random. We are always testing with the latest driver released for every user that this occurs to, at least once or twice a day to different users. I have tested a multitude of CLIENT-SIDE settings including: HT/VHT, disabling U-APSD, preferring certain bands, testing every intel driver known to man for the 7260, etc. Our users only experience these wifi connectivity issues while they are at our HQ and connected to the Aruba equipment. If they are in a remote office with non-aruba wireless, they report no issues, and the users also report no issues while at home.

I too use a mix of AP-125, IAP-225 and AP-225, yet all are currently running in campus controlled mode. Currently running version: 6.3.1.9. Quiet-IE is currently enabled and have not tested disabling yet. 

Would like to try to upgrade to 6.4.2.5 and test. If no success, will then disable Quiet-IE and test more. Will return once I have gathered some data.

MVP

Try upgrading to 6.4.2.5, It has some intel bug fixes.

Bug ID Description
108839 Symptom: Intel clients disconnected randomly. The fix ensures that deauthorization of UAPSD clients
follows the correct path instead of randomly disconnecting from the legacy power save queue.
Scenario: This issue was observed in controllers running ArubaOS 6.4.0.3 in a master local topology.

ACDX #420 | ACMP
Occasional Contributor I

Yes I read through all of the bug fixes and noted this as well and this was the most interesting one in the entire post. 

Another that also interests me is: 

105613 Symptom: An intermittent connectivity problem occurred between clients and AP-225. This issue is resolved by implementing internal code changes. Scenario: This issue was observed in AP-225 access points using 2.4 GHz radio

Were you ever able to resolve the issue you were experiencing?

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: