Wireless Access

MVP

Re: Intel 7260 VHT disconnects

That's too bad.
Not sure if this was answered previously but is the RF environment free of interference?
I ask because not only was I having issues with the driver and APs, my environments was suffering from lots of CCI where had to move APs to static channels in order for them to stop changing, played with RF power levels and basic rates in order, etc in order to stabilize it prior to upgrading the cluster.
I suggest you keep chugging away with TAC on this and get it escalated even higher if you can.
Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]
Occasional Contributor I

Re: Intel 7260 + VHT disconnects

I'm back to confirm that after updating to 6.4.2.5 that our wireless disconnect issue has disappeared. That is as long as their drivers are up to date. If they are on an older driver, namely the 16.* versions, disconnecting continues as if nothing has changed.

I'm quite happy about 6.4.2.5 fixing this issue for me however now Sonos doesn't work for any mac clients, that's another story...

Occasional Contributor I

Over the last month or so the wireless disconnects have slowly been finding their way back into the network. Maybe Intel ruined their driver again? Either way, I've had to disable RRM Advertise Quiet IE packets. This has completely eliminated wireless disconnects for the last 8 days.

Guru Elite

Brianjacobson,

Thanks for your feedback

Disabling QuietIE has always been mandatory with Intel if you have 802.11k enabled.  We will post if anything changes with that.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

New Intel driver version out 17.16.0.4 for the 7260.
Anyone give it a go yet?
ACDX #420 | ACMP
Regular Contributor II

[ Edited ]

last month one of my client upgraded their laptops to this new adapter and since then everything looking nice.

HTH
Cheers
SumaN

hi Pasquale

I was still able to crash 17.16.0.x in my own testing with heavy download of small packets (actually, I used Aruba wireless packet capture and sent it down the wifi), I was able to internally get 17.16.1.2 and that has been much better.  I could crash 17.16.0.x in about 10 mins, 17.16.1.2 takes me about a day to kill - reported as fixed in 18.11....

I don't know what is Intel's plan for releasing 17.16.1.2, but it is floating around in the internet.

slowly getting better..

regards

-jeff

MVP

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the input. Ever since we upgraded the client to the 4.1.1.3 version of IAP code and had them move to the 17.13.11 driver along with tweaks to the WiFi, we haven't heard a thing from them.
We plan on moving them to 4.1.1.5 soon to match other locations. I know 4.1.1.7 is out but that's the way it goes.

I am curious how you test this yourself as I have a Lenovo with that Intel card and would love to test it out.

Thanks,
Pasquale
ACDX #420 | ACMP

hi Pasquale

There is a copy of it that appears to be on the Internet dated 12/04/2015, Lenovo has it up on their website apparently (http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x240/downloads/DS102886)

regards

-jeff

MVP

Thanks Jeff.

What about your testing, how are you conducting them?
ACDX #420 | ACMP
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: