Wireless Access

Guru Elite

Re: Intel Centrino 6205 and AP-225 headaches

The 2.4 will always be more than the 5ghz because there are fewer channels and more cochannel interference.  Fortunately most clients will go to the 5ghz band, instead.

What are the numbers for the 5ghz for each site?

Take a screenshot of your dashboard before we make any more changes.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

They are all between 1% and 10% with the majority floating around 5-7%.

I'm not sure if I said this but the device with the the NIC mentioned can walk out of the these building and into a building without 225's and immediately connect to the SSID's.

Guru Elite

Are you saying, after making the changes, devices still cannot connect?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Yes. Just had a staff member test a machine and it happily connected to the SSID when in a building with an AP 135 but when the machine was taken into a building populated only with AP225's she couldn't even see the SSID's.

Guru Elite

How many SSIDs are you running?  Do you have them hidden?  Are you running DFS channels?

Colin Joseph

3 SSID's. Not hidden. Default for Australian regulatory domain.

And to follow that up I remote connected to the machine in question last night and check all the settings on the NIC and they are correct.

Guru Elite

You should open a TAC case.  It would be difficult to diagnose what is going on from here.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: