Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Interference Sources

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Interference Sources

Posted Feb 02, 2012 09:01 AM
      |   view attached
    With the the Aruba Spectrum Analyzer we found a nice graph with distorsions peaks in our environment. We switches of the DECT environment and the security system for a while butthe spikes did not disapear. Is there an overview (list) of equipment which can cause such spikes on (the) specific frequencies? Or any idea can help! Thx!

• 2.  RE: Interference Sources

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 02, 2012 09:05 AM

Use the dropdown to change the chart to Active Devices Table to see what devices could be causing that interference.

If I had to guess I would say that it looks like a wireless video camera.

• 3.  RE: Interference Sources

Posted Feb 02, 2012 09:15 AM

When we opend this or hoover over the charts we've got back 2x  Fixed Freq (Others) and  1 x Fixed Freq (Video).

These spikes are sending continous, so no adjecent AP's in my opinion, but external sources like Video indeed.

But we did not found any video camera's on wireless within the building.

But maye someone recognized a similar print and recognized the frequency related to a specific kind of equipment.. 

• 4.  RE: Interference Sources

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 02, 2012 10:47 AM
    You may need to get a handheld spectrum analyzer to find the device. We once found a wireless video camera hidden behind a clock..