Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Interference Sources

With the the Aruba Spectrum Analyzer we found a nice graph with distorsions peaks in our environment. We switches of the DECT environment and the security system for a while butthe spikes did not disapear. Is there an overview (list) of equipment which can cause such spikes on (the) specific frequencies? Or any idea can help! Thx!
Guru Elite

Re: Interference Sources

Use the dropdown to change the chart to Active Devices Table to see what devices could be causing that interference.

If I had to guess I would say that it looks like a wireless video camera.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

When we opend this or hoover over the charts we've got back 2x  Fixed Freq (Others) and  1 x Fixed Freq (Video).

These spikes are sending continous, so no adjecent AP's in my opinion, but external sources like Video indeed.

But we did not found any video camera's on wireless within the building.

But maye someone recognized a similar print and recognized the frequency related to a specific kind of equipment.. 

Guru Elite

You may need to get a handheld spectrum analyzer to find the device. We once found a wireless video camera hidden behind a clock..

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: