Wireless Access

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Internal db loose entry

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Internal db loose entry

Posted Jun 29, 2016 04:50 AM

Hi,

I have a issue with the internal db.

We have some have on some ssid´s with mac auth + 802.1 X.

The internal db is loose again and again one entry. I have write it again in the db a few times. But after a random time the entry isn´t in the db.

Yes I apply the edit of the db and save configuration too.

Anyone have this problem bevor or have any ideas?

Cheers

• 2.  RE: Internal db loose entry

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 29, 2016 05:02 AM
    How many total entries do you have?

• 3.  RE: Internal db loose entry

Posted Jun 29, 2016 05:06 AM

We will have 334 entries in the internal db. Its a Aruba3200 controller.

But any time it’s the same entire I think. Least no other user is reporting, that he can´t login to the network.

• 4.  RE: Internal db loose entry

Posted Jun 29, 2016 05:16 AM

Hi!

After it happens, if you issue: "show audit-trail xxx | include <the mac>" Do you see it getting deleted?

I´ve seen this at a customer who enabled management from Airwave and then added entries from the controller. Airwave would just keep removing them if it´s set up that way :)

Try and add another dummy entry to the db to see if that one also dissapears at the same time.

Cheers,

• 5.  RE: Internal db loose entry

Posted Jun 29, 2016 05:29 AM

Hi Christoffer,

first at the moment we don´t have airwave.

When i look at the controller i can see only that i have add the mac address to the internal db.

I will have a look at the audit-trail...

Thanks for the first responses.

• 6.  RE: Internal db loose entry

Posted Jul 14, 2016 04:38 AM

Sadly he is removed from the Database again. In the audit-trail I only can see that I have added the user tow times. The last time and now after he is disappear in the database again.

#show audit-trail | include 7c:d1:c3:7f:57:3a

Jun 29 07:57:33  webui[1697]: USER:jreppin@<ipaddress> COMMAND:<local-userdb add username "<mac-address>" password ******  role "bk_device_all" email "MacBook@tlichtner.w2" > -- command executed successfully

Jul 14 10:33:00  webui[1697]: USER:jreppin@<ipaddress> COMMAND:<local-userdb add username "<mac-address>" password ******  role "bk_device_all" email "MacBook@tlichtner.w2" > -- command executed successfully

Someone any ideas?