Wireless Access

New Contributor

Internal radius server incompatibility with the new wpa_supplicant 2.4 (IAP-105)

Hello,

I'm using IAP-105 with AOS 6.3.1.8-4.0.0.10_48549, which was upgraded to 6.4.2.3-4.1.2.1_49445 during testing. I'm using the internal radius server, both for captive portal and WPA-Enterprise secured network. I have another FreeRadius server configured on my home network, but I prefer to use the internal one. Few days ago I had to upgrade the wpa_supplicant package in several laptops (all are running Gentoo Linux) to the 2.4 version. After the upgrade I'm no longer able to connect to the network (PEAP-MSCHAPv2). I initially blamed the wpa_supplicant package, but after further research it seems, that there is a bug in the AOS internal radius server implementation. When I change the radius server in the network settings to my FreeRadius instance, I'm able to connect once again. Please see the relevant WPA_supplicant commit and a Gentoo bug I have filed.

I hope that ArubaOS developers will notice this message and act accordingly.

M. Beneš

Guru Elite

Re: Internal radius server incompatibility with the new wpa_supplicant 2.4 (IAP-105)

Please open a TAC case to report an issue.

Thanks,
Tim

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
New Contributor

Re: Internal radius server incompatibility with the new wpa_supplicant 2.4 (IAP-105)

TAC has been opened. Let me also add that Android 5.1 on Google Nexus 4 as well as Cyanogenmod 12.1 are also affected by this issue.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm using Fedora 22.
After updating the package wpa_supplicant 2.3 to 2.4 can not connect to the wireless network (PEAP-MSCHAPv2, no CA Certificate).

wpa_supplicant Change Log

Please see this Fedora bug report: Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1241930

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: