Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

Interpreting some of the dashboard metrics

Hi there,

I wonder if someone could assist me with interpretting a couple of the AP metrics on the 6.1 dashoard. (See attached).

For the RX data frames (heard from other radios) ,

Do i take 100% (x/x) to mean 100% of x frames have been heard from other APs? - ie co-channel interference

or ?

And following on, how is the interference % calculated. would 50% mean  1/2 the airtime unavailable? or?

These could be potentially useful stats if I could find out exactly what they mean - especially if I could use the RX Data Frames stat to guage CCI. 

Guru Elite

Re: Interpreting some of the dashboard metrics

If you click on "Help" in the upper right hand corner, all of the green column headings will be clickable with explanations.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba

For interference - The percentage of time utilized by interference signals in the channel. Interference signals may be non-WiFi traffic or Wi-Fi traffic in adjacent channels or co-channels that are not decoded as Wi-Fi signals.

For the Rx frames - The percentage of time taken for receiving frames from the AP in 60 seconds.

Seth R. Fiermonti
Consulting Systems Engineer - ACCX, ACDX, ACMX
Email: seth@hpe.com
-----
If you found my post helpful, please give kudos
Frequent Contributor I

Thanks cjoseph... didn't spot the "help with this item" before.

So the interference is pretty clear, we're talking the % of time the phyical CCA says "energy detected, but no meaningful packets.

The second one, "RX frames..." implies co-channel interference... i think!

Kudos earnt for *politely* pointing me in the direction of in built help :)

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: