Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor II

Intial role for guest in DMZ controller

Hi All,

I have a setup running with DMZ and local controller, guest are authenticating in DMZ controller and all the  trafiic is going through GRE tunnel.

Now I need to configure another Guest SSID with external captive portal for TESTING.

The external captive portal server also sits behind DMZ.

I know I have to configure some intial role in DMZ and then assign the external captive portal profile to that intial role.

But  how do I tell to DMZ controller that for this testing SSID use this initial role ?

Here I am getting confused, normally in my running setup unauthenticated guest pick up guest-logon role as a initial role.

Thanks in advanced.

rana
Guru Elite

Re: Intial role for guest in DMZ controller

When you make a GRE tunnel untrusted, the clients are place into the logon role. The logon role should have a captive portal authentication profile assigned that will redirect users to the page you want .

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor II

Can we define manually some other role intead of logon role ?

rana
Guru Elite

If you go to Configuration> Advanced Services> Wired Access, you can change the AAA profile to any AAA profile that you want.  By default it is set to the default AAA profile which has an initial role of logon.  Create a AAA profile that has the initial role you want and change the AAA profile below to the one you want.

wired.PNG

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: