Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Introducing AOS controller software categories

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Introducing AOS controller software categories

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 10, 2012 02:06 PM

In an effort to  provide better guidance into Aruba AOS releases, we will be classifying them as technology, early deployment and general availability releases.

Technology releases are based off of a GA release and showcase some new features.  They will have names like 6.1.3.4-AirGroup.  The number is the GA release they are based off of and the name reflects the new features in the release.  These releases are have a shorter support window and will get rolled into ED and GA releases.  These releases are recommended only for customers who need the new features.

Early deployment releases are stable new releases that have undergone full QA but haven't been field tested or proven yet.  These are recommended for customers who need the new hardware/software features or want to run the latest release.  An example would be AOS 6.2.0.0 when it is first released.

General Availability releases are stable releases that have been field tested.  These releases are recommended for customers who want the longest lived and most stable release.  An example would be AOS 6.2.0.2.

Full details on the release types and support plans can be found at http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/end-of-life-products/end-of-life-policy/.

Starting with 6.1.3.5, the release notes will identify the type of release in the first chapter.

The download section of the AOS support page has also been updated to reflect the new release trains.  The type of release being downloaded should be very clear based on the folders on the support page.

support_download.png

Please let us know what you think of the new system or if you have any questions.

• 2.  RE: Introducing AOS controller software categories

Posted Oct 20, 2012 07:42 PM

Hello Plane

got a question regarding this

For example you say

"General Availability releases are stable releases that have been field tested.  These releases are recommended for customers who want the longest lived and most stable release"

But in the folder on the current release it looks like the lastest one is in there.  Is this the most stable release?

I mean its the 6.1.3.5

Shouldnt be something like 6.1.2.8?

In your example you are using something does not exist yet the .6.2?  or at least i dont see it...

Im misundesrtanding something thats why i ask you

Im really interested in this becauase i would like to deploy the most stable release for all clients

For now i have been deploying 6.1.2.8 With no issues... they are all working really good.

But could you please enlight me a bit more in this? i already read you link and it says the same you saying here...

I already ask about this and i was advised to just put the lastest firmware... but im still dont like it too much i prefer just putting the before version in this case 6.1.2.x with the lastest patch and when the lastest patch of 6.1.3.x comes then ill upgrade to that one.

It just a personal way to do it.. not is the best or the correct one but since im doing this on all the brands of equipment we sell not just aruba, i had almost no bug issues.... wheni used to have a lot of bug issues when just putting the lastest firmware...

It would be nice if you give your opiion about this also

Cheers

Carlos