Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Ipad and captive portal issue

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Ipad and captive portal issue

Posted Mar 13, 2014 01:29 AM

Hi..

When i am onboarding ipad/iphone. When i connect to dot1x ssid it connects to it and pops up captive portal. at that time there is no wifi connectivity. i am unable to onboard the device. I have cancel that pop and i have to tap use without network. Then i open the browser manually to onboard.

What could be the problem? I found this issues with some ipads and some iphones . I guess they are in ios7. I have done for old ipads without any issue?

Thanks 

Srikanth 

• 2.  RE: Ipad and captive portal issue

Posted Mar 15, 2014 03:12 AM
    You have to enable CNA bypass.

• 3.  RE: Ipad and captive portal issue

• 4.  RE: Ipad and captive portal issue

Posted Mar 20, 2014 03:55 AM

@rmarnold wrote:
    http://support.arubanetworks.com/DOCUMENTATION/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_ViewDetails/Default.aspx?EntryId=12002

I have enabale bypass CNA.

captive portal network assistant pops up in iOS but there will be no wifi connection. Then i have start cancel it open the browser manually to onboard the iOS devices.

I am runninn cppm on 6.2.0 and aruba controller 6.2.1.4...is there any patch update required for iOS 7??

• 5.  RE: Ipad and captive portal issue

Posted Mar 25, 2014 09:22 AM

• 6.  RE: Ipad and captive portal issue

Posted Mar 26, 2014 05:45 AM

Hi!

Some input here - check logon-role (see image 1) or 802.1x authentication Default Role - if You configured a 802.1x SSID so Captive Portal Profile should be set to "Not Assigned" (if I understood your problem right)

Or You should update ArubaOS to 6.2.1.6 where issue with CaptivePortal and iOS7 devices are solved (see image 2)

Logon-role-1.JPG

CP-AOS.JPG

• 7.  RE: Ipad and captive portal issue

Posted Mar 26, 2014 08:31 AM

@AirAO wrote:

Hi!

Some input here - check logon-role (see image 1) or 802.1x authentication Default Role - if You configured a 802.1x SSID so Captive Portal Profile should be set to "Not Assigned" (if I understood your problem right)

Or You should update ArubaOS to 6.2.1.6 where issue with CaptivePortal and iOS7 devices are solved (see image 2)

Logon-role-1.JPG

CP-AOS.JPG

No actually when i connect to SSID. In iOS devices, captive portal page pops up prompting to enter username and password for provisioning. 

My problem is when i connect to dot1x ssid, captive portal page pops up and i can see login form with instructions . At that time iOS devices loses its wifi connectivity. Then i have cancel the pop up (captive portal page ) and i have to open browser manually to provision and onboard the devcie

• 8.  RE: Ipad and captive portal issue

Posted Mar 26, 2014 08:47 AM

Hello!

Can You post config of your AAA profile for dot.1x SSID?

Please run this command: show aaa profile <profile-name>