Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Ipad are dropping the packets intermittently

We have 5 ipads , which is connected in the Aruba 105 access points .
Intermittanly all this Ipads  are dropping 10 to 18 packets continously and then its pinging for 30 pkts then its dropping 10 to 18pkts .
I hope its not the DNS issue , because the traffic is passed through DNS server . If any one said the fixes or what are parameters that i need to check in aruba AP 105 / Ipad is really appriciated. I am new to Aruba so please give a brief explannation on your points . Many thanks Shiva....

Guru Elite

Re: Ipad are dropping the packets intermittently

Where are you pinging the ipads from?  Make sure you are pinging from a wired client?

Are the ipads stationary?

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Hi CJ ,

Thanks for the reply , actually i tried to ping 8.8.8.8 . and i could n't understand  " Are the ipads stationary? "

Guru Elite

I mean are they moving or are they not moving while you are doing this test.

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

we are not moving while we testing

Sent from my iPhone
Guru Elite

Acknowledged.

In all of your SSIDs under advanced, configure Broadcast Filtering to "ARP"

Make sure 80 mhz support is unchecked under RF> ARM.

i will do it and come again

Sent from my iPhone

I did the changes today , after that i could not find any drops . Its really good news .  But i have another query that is , i the broadcast filter is DIsabled in all other sites . But there i couldnot find any issue .  this site only affected by this issue . i dont know ,why this site alone affected by this issue.

Guru Elite

You might have more traffic at that site with the issues.  You also might have wired traffic sharing the same VLAN with wireless traffic, which also could cause the issues you demonstrated.

Thank You CJ , I had made the changes and now the ipads are under monitor . will share the outcome.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: