Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Is Anyone Having Memory Issues with M3 Controllers

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Is Anyone Having Memory Issues with M3 Controllers

Posted Mar 10, 2014 09:53 AM

We currently have 10 M3 controllers on our network. Each controller has 1.4 gig of memory. Since version 6.1.2.7 through 6.2.1.5 we have watched the memory used constantly increasing. I upgraded 5 of these controllers 9 days ago to 6.2.1.5 and the memory used on two of them is up to 900 meg. I was told by TAC that this problem would clear when I upgraded to 6.2.1.5, and it hasn't.

• 2.  RE: Is Anyone Having Memory Issues with M3 Controllers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 10, 2014 10:02 AM

dlglav60,

Have you ever had the controllers reboot due to an out of memory error?  If so, TAC and engineering need to deal with that as a real issue and find out what is leaking.  If not, memory cleanup happens all the time and as long as memory does not constantly keep going up and never down it is not really something to worry about.  I want to say that TAC should explain themselves to you about why they thought your memory consumption should go down, but you are probably already asking them questions about that.

• 3.  RE: Is Anyone Having Memory Issues with M3 Controllers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 10, 2014 10:28 AM
    To add to that, memory consumption is individual based on each users traffic pattern. TAC can run a command periodically to determine if there is indeed a memory leak.