Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Is it possible to push logging settings from the Master Controller to all Local Controllers?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Is it possible to push logging settings from the Master Controller to all Local Controllers?

Posted Oct 22, 2015 12:29 PM

On my Master Controller, I have a few logs being sent to a logging server. I have set the Master to send User & Security Logs. I need to do this for all Local Controllers as well and we have 55 of them. Is there a way to push the same logging settings from the MC to all of the LCs, or do I have to do this on each one by one? 

• 2.  RE: Is it possible to push logging settings from the Master Controller to all Local Controllers?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 22, 2015 01:07 PM
    You would need to use AirWave config management for this. 

Thanks, 
    Tim

• 3.  RE: Is it possible to push logging settings from the Master Controller to all Local Controllers?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 22, 2015 07:10 PM

You can use the on_controllers directive on the shell of the Airwave server to push it to all of the controllers.  I did the command below on the shell to push the config "logging 192.168.1.25" to my three controllers.  You should do it with an harmless command first, to make sure it is working properly.

[root@localhost mercury]# on_controllers "config t logging 192.168.1.25"
    (192.168.1.3) #config t logging 192.168.1.25  
    (192.168.1.27) #config t logging 192.168.1.25
    (192.168.1.32) #config t logging 192.168.1.25
    [root@localhost mercury]# 
    (Aruba7640-US) #show logging server 

Remote Server: 192.168.1.25

FACILITY MAPPING TABLE
    ----------------------
    local-facility  severity  remote-facility
    --------------  --------  ---------------
    All             All       local1

All controllers will need to have the correct username/password and enable password in Airwave.  Do not use if you are managing Instant APs with Airwave, because it will attempt to login to them and run the command.