Wireless Access

New Contributor

Is the split-tunnel for RAP's still possible if the company uses 192.168.1.0/24 internal?

I've never had to setup a RAP profile when the internal network uses one of the same subnets found on most home office networks. I didn't think it was possible but they said they had it working before. Wanted to check before I spend time working on it. The remote users do need to reach devices on the 192.168.1.0/24 network. Thank you in advance. 

Re: Is the split-tunnel for RAP's still possible if the company uses 192.168.1.0/24 internal?

Hi Anthony!

Hmm.. I think you will run into issues with this on the sites where the clients need to reach a local 192.168.1.0/24 aswell as a central 192.168.1.0/24 through the tunnel at the same time. Your split tunnel role needs to know where that network recides. If you choose to tunnel that network they will be able to reach it but not the local one.

I would advise to migrate from using 192.168.1.0/24 internally if they need access to all central resources and local ones.

Cheers,

Christoffer Jacobsson | Aranya AB
Aruba: ACMX #537 ACCP | CWNP: CWNA CWDP CWSP CWAP
New Contributor

Re: Is the split-tunnel for RAP's still possible if the company uses 192.168.1.0/24 internal?

Thank you for the reply. I was thinking the same thing but needed to verify since they said they had it working before. I don't think it was working correctly if they had it setup that way in the past.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: