Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Is there a command to show all the controllers that use a particular ssid from the master?

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Is there a command to show all the controllers that use a particular ssid from the master?

Posted Dec 03, 2013 04:51 PM

I'd like something like this:

show wlan ssid-profile 15150 but that shows all the controllers that have this in their groups.

• 2.  RE: Is there a command to show all the controllers that use a particular ssid from the master?

Posted Dec 03, 2013 05:06 PM

No there is not a command that does what you are asking. All of the SSID profiles are pushed to each controller so there would be no way to determine which controller is using the SSID. 

• 3.  RE: Is there a command to show all the controllers that use a particular ssid from the master?

Posted Dec 03, 2013 05:49 PM

Fair enough thanks.

• 4.  RE: Is there a command to show all the controllers that use a particular ssid from the master?

Posted Dec 03, 2013 11:35 PM

You can get the references of all ap-groups to which ssid profile been used by running below command on the master controller.

show references wlan sssid-profile <profile name>

This should give the information of what you are looking for.

Thank you.

• 5.  RE: Is there a command to show all the controllers that use a particular ssid from the master?

Posted Dec 03, 2013 11:41 PM

It wouldnt be still providing controller info however references to ap-groups.

• 6.  RE: Is there a command to show all the controllers that use a particular ssid from the master?

Posted Dec 04, 2013 10:39 AM

Still kind of the same result...  Thanks though.  Reason I need this is because I need to change a key and was wondering how may controllers it would affect.  I know there are 3 at least controllers for this particular key but I only get the one refrence for the group.  Oh well had to ask...

• 7.  RE: Is there a command to show all the controllers that use a particular ssid from the master?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 04, 2013 11:02 AM

@billbray wrote:

Still kind of the same result...  Thanks though.  Reason I need this is because I need to change a key and was wondering how may controllers it would affect.  I know there are 3 at least controllers for this particular key but I only get the one refrence for the group.  Oh well had to ask...

if you type "show ap essid" on each controller, it will show you what controllers are broadcasting what SSID and how many users are currently using it.  If you have airwave you can automate this:   login to the SSH shell in Airwave and type

on_controllers "show ap essid"

It will show you the output for all of your controllers:

[root@localhost mercury]# on_controllers "show ap essid"
    (Controller1) #show ap essid
      ESSID Summary
      -------------
      ESSID     APs  Clients  VLAN(s)  Encryption
      -----     ---  -------  -------  ----------
      ACME-TLS  1    7        1        WPA2 8021X AES
      CatchMe   1    3        1        WPA2 PSK AES

The above is the output from only one controller, by the way.

• 8.  RE: Is there a command to show all the controllers that use a particular ssid from the master?

Posted Dec 04, 2013 11:11 AM

That does help thank you.  Problem is I have over 100 controllers:)

• 9.  RE: Is there a command to show all the controllers that use a particular ssid from the master?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 04, 2013 11:17 AM

billbray wrote:

That does help thank you.  Problem is I have over 100 controllers:)

Do you want to  email you with the output file?  No problem:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Community-Tribal-Knowledge-Base/AirWave-SSH-quot-on-controllers-quot-command/ta-p/16267

Do you want to save the output to a file?  just use:

[root@localhost mercury]# on_controllers "show ap essid" > output.txt
    [root@localhost mercury]# ls
    bin/      Makefile.constants         output.txt       support/
    install/  Makefile.dev               scripts/         tools/
    lib/      Makefile.PG_MAJOR_VERSION  setuid-scripts/
    Makefile  mibs/                      src/

Additional Hint:

You can also run the "screen" command before running any commands, so that you can exit out of the SSH session and still have it run and complete.

• 10.  RE: Is there a command to show all the controllers that use a particular ssid from the master?

Posted Dec 04, 2013 11:20 AM

I had no idea you could do that...fantastic thank you!