Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Is there any way to recover a remote AP???

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Is there any way to recover a remote AP???

Posted Dec 01, 2011 03:07 PM

We had one working that for unknown reasons stopped.  Now I can see it trynig to hit the controller via "datapath session", but can't make it show up enough to reset it up or get to it online...

• 2.  RE: Is there any way to recover a remote AP???

Posted Dec 01, 2011 03:27 PM

Not elegant/or always possible, but if you can get access to the AP console it would be a good step to understand what is going on...

• 3.  RE: Is there any way to recover a remote AP???

Posted Dec 01, 2011 03:34 PM

Unfortunately it is remote. So this RAP was tied to a different master at one time and then just stopped.  In trying to locate it after it dropped off of a differenet master, it ended up being sort of connecting to our aruba-master.  Just not enough so that it can be provisioned.  The master controller didn't have any remote APs so I set it up with the ipsec psk....but still no joy...

• 4.  RE: Is there any way to recover a remote AP???

Posted Dec 01, 2011 03:29 PM

What is the Model of the AP having an issue? If its a RAP device the user should be able to use a Pin to reset the device, and by plugging it in the use should be able to provision it again by pointing it at the RAP Controller.

If its a Campus AP which has be provisioned in RAP mode, I'm not sure if there is any way to reset it remotely. Maybe something via console, but if its a end user, that is probably not an option.

-ELiasz

• 5.  RE: Is there any way to recover a remote AP???

Posted Dec 01, 2011 03:36 PM

It is an AP-61 set up as a RAP...not a RAP-2 or 5...

yep not to much in the way of IT at the location to help either...

• 6.  RE: Is there any way to recover a remote AP???

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 01, 2011 03:40 PM

Yeah, that sucks. You'll probably have to send them a new one. Especially since you have to use an SoE cable with the AP-61.

• 7.  RE: Is there any way to recover a remote AP???

Posted Dec 01, 2011 03:41 PM

I hate to say it, but if no technical staff on site, the quickest option might be to provision a new AP for this, ship it out and have it swapped. Once you get the current AP back, you can re-provision it locally for another purpose.

-ELiasz

• 8.  RE: Is there any way to recover a remote AP???

Posted Dec 01, 2011 04:58 PM

So i was actually able to get it back up.....for some reason it was trying to hit our aruba-master controller....not sure why but i added all the same config to get it up on that master and forgot the RAP pool since I had no RAPs on that controller....I could see it kept trying, so once the RAP-pool was added the AP connected properly and then was able to move it over to the other master where it was supposed to be connected....so all is good....thanks!!!