Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Is there any way to recover a remote AP???

We had one working that for unknown reasons stopped.  Now I can see it trynig to hit the controller via "datapath session", but can't make it show up enough to reset it up or get to it online...

Aruba

Re: Is there any way to recover a remote AP???

Not elegant/or always possible, but if you can get access to the AP console it would be a good step to understand what is going on...

Regular Contributor I

What is the Model of the AP having an issue? If its a RAP device the user should be able to use a Pin to reset the device, and by plugging it in the use should be able to provision it again by pointing it at the RAP Controller.

If its a Campus AP which has be provisioned in RAP mode, I'm not sure if there is any way to reset it remotely. Maybe something via console, but if its a end user, that is probably not an option.

-ELiasz

-------------------
ACDX, ACCP, CISSP, CWNA

Unfortunately it is remote. So this RAP was tied to a different master at one time and then just stopped.  In trying to locate it after it dropped off of a differenet master, it ended up being sort of connecting to our aruba-master.  Just not enough so that it can be provisioned.  The master controller didn't have any remote APs so I set it up with the ipsec psk....but still no joy...

It is an AP-61 set up as a RAP...not a RAP-2 or 5...

yep not to much in the way of IT at the location to help either...

Aruba Employee

Yeah, that sucks. You'll probably have to send them a new one. Especially since you have to use an SoE cable with the AP-61.

Thanks,

Zach Jennings
Regular Contributor I

I hate to say it, but if no technical staff on site, the quickest option might be to provision a new AP for this, ship it out and have it swapped. Once you get the current AP back, you can re-provision it locally for another purpose.

-ELiasz

-------------------
ACDX, ACCP, CISSP, CWNA

So i was actually able to get it back up.....for some reason it was trying to hit our aruba-master controller....not sure why but i added all the same config to get it up on that master and forgot the RAP pool since I had no RAPs on that controller....I could see it kept trying, so once the RAP-pool was added the AP connected properly and then was able to move it over to the other master where it was supposed to be connected....so all is good....thanks!!!

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: