Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.

Japan - Captive Portal - Guest network - Receipt Expiration Time in Japanese Chars - Params Integer

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Japan - Captive Portal - Guest network - Receipt Expiration Time in Japanese Chars - Params Integer

Posted Feb 25, 2016 12:17 PM

Hi

Single Clearpass server in USA

Aruba Controller for EMEA / Asia in UK

I have Japan site accessing a guest network through captive portal. From the screenshot sent the receipt gives normal numerical Activation TIme but "Please enter a valid date and time" (in red) & the Expiration Time is in Japanese language characters, they advise a error message is shown which translates to “Parameters must be integer” (in red). I can understand that, how do I correct this issue? I also have a China & Korea site who have not complained of this issue, maybe they've just kept quiet. I will need to investigate the other sites post fixing Japan.

Also it's possible there may also be a time zone issue as user advises - Looks like time zone setting is incorrect.

Can I use one captive portal and make a change to that to enforce numerical characters or do I need to set up a special portal for all sites that have special characters such as Japan language set.

Captive Portal was set up over a year ago by 3rd party. My knowledge of CP etc. is limited but with correct instruction I could create new CP if requierd etc...

Regards

Tony