Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

LMS Redundancy Error

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  LMS Redundancy Error

Posted Jul 18, 2014 03:07 PM

Hi All

I have a scenario with 2 Controllers configured with 2 VRRP instances, to allow two controllet to back each other backup. I have 1 AP connected in the first Controller, but configured to provisioning in the second Controller, using LMS IP Configuration

If I simulate a failure in the second Controller, the AP doesn't pass to the first. If I acess the AP CLI, I receive the message below:

asap_gre_ipv4_err: Received ICMP (DEST_UNREACH, PROT_UNREACH) from 10.1.10.120 for heartbeat tunnel.

Could you help me?

Best Regards

Valter Junior

• 2.  RE: LMS Redundancy Error

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 18, 2014 03:12 PM

Please consider moving to HA configuration if you can.  This was started in AOS 6.3 code.

In your scenario the LMS IP should be one of your VRRP VIPs

• 3.  RE: LMS Redundancy Error

Posted Jul 20, 2014 11:04 PM
    I know the HA configuration, but this is an exercise in the MBC 6.3, so I need to know why this scenario is not working.

Best Regards.

Valter Junior
    Sent from my iPad

• 4.  RE: LMS Redundancy Error

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 21, 2014 12:59 AM

Valter Junior

How are you simulating the failure ? Cable pull somewhere or VRRP mastership change. If the LMS IP becomes unreachable then the AP will be subjected to the heartbeat settings in the ap system profile before it decides what to do next (if it's a RAP that can be quite some time).

But, if the LMS IP is subjected to a VRRP mastership changes that should trigger a much faster LMS failover.

regards

-jeff

• 5.  RE: LMS Redundancy Error

Posted Jul 21, 2014 09:34 AM

Hi Jeff

I just disconnect the cable of the Controller, to simulate the failure. 

The configuration of the LMS IP is the VRRP address, but I have 2 instances, where in the each instance, one Controller is the Master. 

Best Regards. 

Valter Junior