Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Layer 2 tunnel between AP and controller

Hi guys,

I have a centralized Wi-Fi gateway and I want to tunnel the user traffic from remote locations to it (layer 2 tunneling). The remote locations are connected to the centralized datacenter over a layer 3 network. As I understand from Aruba documentation, I have three options to achieve such deployment:

1- Using Aruba IAP and configure a IPsec/L2TP tunnel to a centralized controller, then deliver the layer 2 trafic to the Wi-Fi gateway ==> I don't want to use this option because the controller is not managing the IAP, it is acting as VPN termination and I need to be able to manage the deployed AP

2- Using RAP ==> I can't go with that because I want to deploy Indoor and outdoor APs on the remote locations

3- Using  local controllers on  remote locations and a master controller on the centralized datacenter then create a layer 2 GRE tunnels between the local and the master controllers 

My question is: If going with the third option, can I manage the APs and the SSIDs deployed on remote locations through the centralized master controller ?

Thank you guys in advance for your help!

Guru Elite

Re: Layer 2 tunnel between AP and controller

You can do RAP with outdoor APS. That is your best option.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: