Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

License help on RAP

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  License help on RAP

Posted Apr 10, 2013 01:55 PM

Hello I have a 3200 controller. Wanted to rebuild from scratch as we wanted to take it and use it at a different location. Wanted to start with fresh brand new configs. I reset the controller via the GUI and think i lost all of my licenses. Is there a way to recover this. Not smart on my part but hoping there is a way to get back my licenses.

• 2.  RE: License help on RAP

Posted Apr 10, 2013 04:42 PM

Hi,

Good night, :smileyhappy:

1. You can login to the Licensing Management System

https://licensing.arubanetworks.com/

(But u do need to remmamber the account you actiave this controller cert with)

2.You can contact your Aruba Partner/Or Aruba TAC - and ask for asstiance regarding this issue.

support@arubanetworks.com

3.Just for u to know,There is NO RAP LIC in Aruba OS 5.X and Higher,You may read more info regarding the licesne notes here:

The AP licenses stay as AP licenses.

The RAP licenses get converted to AP licenses (a RAP now consumes an AP licenses).

The PEF license is now called PEF-NG and is based on the number of APs you have, not users.

The WIP license is now called RFP (rf protect) and is based on the number of APs.

1.PNG2.PNG

Hope this info will be helpful for u. :smileywink:

have a lovley week.

Me

• 3.  RE: License help on RAP

Posted Apr 16, 2013 01:00 AM
    nice info Asa