Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

License problem

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  License problem

Posted Feb 10, 2014 08:46 AM

I try to install the license for "Remote Access Points" but I have this error:

"License key for feature Remote Access Points is not supported for ArubaOS"

What I have to do for repair this problem. This is a demo kit.

• 2.  RE: License problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 10, 2014 08:50 AM

What version of ArubaOS?  Remote AP is no longer licensed in later versions of code...

• 3.  RE: License problem

Posted Feb 10, 2014 12:44 PM

version 6.1.3.6

I want install the RAP I received for my formation.

• 4.  RE: License problem

Posted Feb 15, 2014 10:59 AM
    My formation is ended. I would like to test this technology but I don't know if I need a license.

• 5.  RE: License problem

Posted Feb 15, 2014 12:30 PM

What is the complete description / name of the license you are attempting to install?

Prior to AOS 5.x we did have separate Remote AP (RAP) licenses and Campus AP (CAP) licenses.  We did away with the RAP license and now the AP license (LIC-x-AP) takes care of both AP types.

Now, if you started with this controller on AOS 3.x and had installed both the RAP and CAP licenses then upgraded the SW to 6.x the RAP licenses would have been converted, automatically, to regular AP licenses.

You can go into the License Management System and view the pre-5.0 versions of your licenses and the post-5.0 versions at : https://licensing.arubanetworks.com/