Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

License suppport question

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  License suppport question

Posted Dec 03, 2012 08:07 PM

Okay when we are quoting a solution i have these items

NEXT-DAY SUPPORT FOR 3400(1YEAR)

I supppose this support is when the Wireless controller die you will get the replacement for it, and if you dont have it you will not get a replacement

NEXT-DAY SUPPORT FOR AP-105(1 YEAR)

This is the same thing up but for the APs

SUPPORT FOR LIC-4-AP(1YEAR)

These support license what they do?

Okay i dont know if im right but can someone please explain me those support and what they do?

• 2.  RE: License suppport question

Posted Dec 04, 2012 02:42 AM

Generally speaking (and I don't work directly for Aruba), my understanding is that these are mandatory costs to entitle you to ring up Aruba TAC and log cases.

I tend to think of it like this (and I'm over simplifying it)...

The support for the controller is for hardware swapping, the support for software is for assistance with the software (bugs/config).

Thanks.

• 3.  RE: License suppport question

Posted Dec 05, 2012 01:16 AM

I belive it is license support !! and almost it cost very little amount compared with other two. I belive all are related to replacement, that if your unit got faulty you will have next day replacement and TAC support also. But for LIC its license support but the question is if I have all licenses you mentioned except the Next-Day LIC, How my support will be affected ?

• 4.  RE: License suppport question
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 03, 2013 01:46 AM

Here is the asnwer for this question from Aruba TAC

Yes, if you purchase support for any devices (AP’s / controller) we will replace the unit if it got faulty. However the support for license is used, if you need any assistance regarding the licenses like Transferring, Reassigning  & finding the missing license

So it seems they wont replace you  AP if you don thave this support warranty up to date.... and well i didn tknow about hte license support....

After this we are renewing all our custumers supports...

This is  agood info to know so i though in posting it here.

Cheers

Carlos