Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

License transfers

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  License transfers

Posted Aug 09, 2013 11:38 AM

Hello,

We're planning to migrate licenses from one controller to another. We'd like to do it during a maintenance window. I have never used the utility on the licenseing site to transfer before, Does it take a long time? Is it something we should do prior to maintenance so that we're not waiting around at midnight if you know what I mean? What happens if we do transfer them to a new controller early, do the licenses stop working on the original controller? If you've done this before is there a better way?

Thanks,

Troy

• 2.  RE: License transfers
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 09, 2013 11:40 AM

You can do the transfer in advance on the licensing site and it will not affect your production controllers.

• 3.  RE: License transfers

Posted Aug 13, 2013 02:35 PM

cappali is correct.

make sure you keep your certificate ID handy which is what you will need to transfer the licenses.

If you have multiple licenses to transfer and multiple controllers, the certificate ID and Aruba SO is key in identifying your licenses in case you one day have to re-visit which license belongs to which controller.

I am going through this pain as well.