11-15-2015 04:36 AM
What are all the license feature we can use with the Aruba controllers? So far we only know and are using the Access point and the policy enforcement firewall license.
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-15-2015 05:00 AM - edited 11-15-2015 05:01 AM
Have a look at the Working with Licenses section of the User Guide:
- Base OS: base operating functions including VPN and VIA clients.
- AP Capacity: capacity license for RAP indoor and outdoor Mesh APs. Campus, Remote, or Mesh APs can terminate on the controller without the need for a separate license.
- Advanced Cryptography (ACR): this license is required for the Suite B Cryptography in IPsec and 802.11 modes. License enforcement behavior controls the total number of concurrent connections (IPsec or 802.11) using Suite B Cryptography.The xSec license features are bundled with this license.
- Content Security Service (CSS): enables the Cloud-based Content Security service on your controller. This license is administered based on the number of users.
- Policy Enforcement Firewall Virtual Private Network (PEFV): enables Policy Enforcement Firewall for VIA clients. This is a controller license.
- Policy Enforcement Firewall Next Generation (PEFNG): Wired, WLAN Licensed per AP numbers including user roles, access rights, Layers 4 through 7 traffic control, per-service prioritization/QoS, authentication/accounting APIs, External Service Interfaces (ESI), Voice and Video. This is an AP count license.
- Public Access: reserved for future use.
- RFProtect: Wireless Intrusion Protection (WIPS) and Spectrum Analysis. This is an AP count license.
- xSec (Extreme Security) for Federal: Layer 2 VPN for wired or wireless using FIPS-approved algorithms.
- Internal Test Functions: for internal use only.
The AP and PEFNG licenses are the most common; followed by the RFP license.
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX
11-15-2015 07:04 PM
How can the RFP license enhance our Wireless usage? I am more interested on the Spectrum Analysis part.
Are there some country specific restrictions for the usage?
Do I need this license for Rouge AP blocking also?
11-15-2015 10:25 PM - edited 11-15-2015 10:26 PM
Yes Sir you need it for dealing with rogues. If you have the RFP license you also have WIPS ability as it is a two fold license that enables Spec An and WIPS.
11-16-2015 05:43 AM